Where to place the thermometer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyjohn

Minister of Fire
Mar 29, 2008
southcentral Ct
I would like to place a thermometer on the stove to monitor inside stove temp!Where would you put it? !!Note!! I have a insert where i think the highest temps will be in the back near the flume where the afterburner is.

If there is room anywhere on the front to mount it horizontal you will get a fairly accurate reading. However, if you must mount it vertical, then you should probably add about 100 degrees to the temp.

Do you have the warming horizontal plate that stands out about 4-6 inches on your insert? I do and know it`s accurate cause the blower kicks on when that temp reaches 475 and that is when it is supposed to start, when the secondary burn kicks in.

Looks like you have an insert? with a stove it`s easy just mount it anywhere on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.