Where to put my stove??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristiansmom

Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
If we do decide to have the stove installed we are trying to decide where to put it. We have a 1400 sq ft cape (approx) 2 bedrooms up stairs (no duct work)
living room, dining room kitchen, bathroom and bedroom on main floor. We have a finished basement (partially) where we have a play room, school room (I homeschool my children and also a computer room... We are really trying to decide the best place for it where we will heat the most of the houes..

Debi

best place to start is an open area with a wall that can be vented through to the outside

Best answer: where you spend most of your time. They are space heaters and while some people are successful in getting them to heat the entire house, it is best to have them where you will be. I have my stove in my basement and have a cape with roughly the same square footage as yours and the exact house layout as yours. My basement play room and first floor stay comfortable, but very little heat gets to the second floor where the bedrooms are. I'm in a bit of a warmer climate too.

Most people put them in the area of their home where they spend the most time.

Status
Not open for further replies.