Where were you, way back when?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't believe how many bathrooms there are on an aircraft carrier. Of course, as Chief Engineer, it was me who got the call when one of them had a problem. Yes, the food was almost always pretty good, but what really kept me in was that they kept promising me helicopter rides. Rick

How about this at 13.......older bro on the left, me on the right.

Attachments

• Scan10007.JPG
    Scan10007.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 422
fossil said:
You wouldn't believe how many bathrooms there are on an aircraft carrier. Of course, as Chief Engineer, it was me who got the call when one of them had a problem. Yes, the food was almost always pretty good, but what really kept me in was that they kept promising me helicopter rides. Rick

When I finally had enjoyed all of South East Asia that I could stand the company decided that since I was the longest term guy there that they would throw me a going away party. They traded some Navy guy a helicopter ride for six cases of frozen steaks for the party. We NEVER had steaks. It was great.

Of course we used my Chinook for the ride. And at my request it was a very bumpy ride. :coolgrin:

Here is a picture of me in 1976. Tehran, Iran.
I'm the one with the football jersey.

Attachments

• Billy Tehran 1976.jpg
    Billy Tehran 1976.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 396
76? I seem to remember that I was there...24...
Going to college on the GI Bill...
Riding a 75 CB500T...
Workin under the table drivin trucks & collecting unemployment...
Life was good (I think...)
What's that buzzing sound!??!?!?

bears12th said:
Great pic man. Me, 1976 was the year I was born. Great year. 200th birthday of this great country and I got to celebrate the 200th birthday as I turned four days old on July 4th, 1976. Needless to say, I spent the entire year drinking, heavily. : )

Man all these old timers out here. (08-08-76) 1976 year of the best the was, is, and every will be.

Old timers???

I think not.

:mad:

:smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.