Where's the guy who was talking about spring???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonMSPT

Minister of Fire
He should come to Maine, and shovel the 2+ feet of snow out of my driveway. Darned people, always bringing up spring and talking about mowing lawns and putting snow shovels and scoops and plows away.

They sit on my front porch and under it, until the 4th of July. Everybody says, "Aint choo gonna put them shovels away?" I just give them a dirty look, and tell them it's going to snow the week after I do, every time. So there they sit, waiting for the storm that never comes because I leave them out."

Have to get that stupid bucket loader back in here now... and "stack it".

Face it. We all like shoveling snow, plowing it, and dealing with it. It's what we do.

Nope, some of us don't like shoveling snow at all. We don't even own a snow shovel and don't want to. Crocuses and daffodils are starting to bloom here. I've got no problem with that at all. The stove is getting a well earned rest until later in the week.

I posted it, yep, I was blessed with about 9 inchs of snow and a whole lot of drifting, and I broke my snowblower on the last run. Time to pull it off the tractor and start a weldin!!! Really, I am a much better grinder then a welder :lol:

burntime said:
...Really, I am a much better grinder then a welder :lol:

Me too. Weld first, you can always grind later. ;-P Rick

Yes, I know. I should really take a class at night on "how to." With a wife, 2 little guys, a lab, a cat, and a hungry hampton its tuff to find "me" time. I have decided not to give up. I have already found the importance of bare metal, a good ground, good rods, and do not touch both your work and the rod! Besides being hot it will WAKE you up!!! :lol: My wife called it the hokey dance...I was the one inventing it so I could not tell you how it goes, just that I NEVER want to do it again! :p

It's going down to 8 degrees wind chill temp tonight (according to Weather.com). That is unusual around here. It's been a cold Winter in my opinion. Fortunately, I was prepared enough to enjoy much warmer temps indoors.

Yep!! It's been cold for us Long Islanders. I kinda like the winters when i was a kid. Not as much snow though.

Water buckets were frozen in the barn....it's cold for here !!

We were on the southern edge of this storm. Rained all day Sunday and about 8:00PM changed over to flurries. Warming up this week and 50 and rain by Friday :) I'd say most of the 3+ feet we got in Dec/Jan/Feb will be gone by Friday.

20 inches or so here in northern NH over the past five days. The skiing in superb, but I am getting tired of raking the roof to control the ice dams. Go tot take the good with the bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.