Whew, i'm tired after this score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmule

Feeling the Heat
Feb 9, 2011
Conifer Colorado
I scored about 4 cords of free pine yesterday. The catch was that I had to get it out before the 1-2 feet of snow falls tonight. Normally I would use my chevy to bring it home but with such a short time frame I had borrow my brothers Diesel pcikup and the 16' flatbed to beat the weather.

ry=400.jpg

Nice score! Time to rest awhile!

Nice score you for there! My favorite part of the whole deal is the 'FREE' part.... :cheese:

Get it while you can mule! Couple feet of snow and that would have been mess. Good job. :)

Free is for me! Was looking around craiglist and some guy in my area wanted $70 a row for rounds that he claimed are ready to burn! Going to email him and tell him I will take it off his property for free! LOL

gmule, nice score on the pine, when do you think you'll start bucking it up?

zap

zapny said:
gmule, nice score on the pine, when do you think you'll start bucking it up?

zap

As soon as this storm passes. We are looking at a 30 hour weather event that could bring us 1-2 feet of snow. I guess I should stock up on some beer for my sore muscles.

whats that white stuff next to your truck? ;-) , ya, go for the beer, good medicine right there

Hehe...

The "storm" you are talking about seems to be piddling about and doing very little here... (I'm in northern el paso county, colorado).

They were calling for 10-20" here a few hours ago, but the storm seems to have piddled to very little activity. We have a few inches so far this evening but very little to suggest "blizzard like" activity. Bummer IMO as I appreciate the snow.

Anyways, GREAT SCORE! Wish I could find an opportunity like that. (I haven't put in enough effort I suspect)

Regards, and stay safe!
Eric

WOW, now that is a score. 4 cords in < 2 days :bug:
Sore has to be an understatement. A good sore though :)
Nice to have the big trailer & towing power.
Beer & 2 days rest.
May want to throw a tarp or 2 over it before the storm, cover as much as you can, may help finding/handling it when the storm's gone .
Ibuprofen early Saturday morning before you start . Beer & ibuprofen after. :) LOL :lol:
Great score. Some big ones in there.

Right Dave. 4 cord to be moved right away is some serious work! Now he is probably digging out from all the albino rain.

Folks on this site don't get get "Scared" when it come time to work. Most of us know what "good sore muscles " feels like too. :)
20°, got 6" snow so far, plowed once, still snowing :)

Noticed you didn't use the "S" word LOL :lol:

mdocod said:
Hehe...

The "storm" you are talking about seems to be piddling about and doing very little here... (I'm in northern el paso county, colorado).

They were calling for 10-20" here a few hours ago, but the storm seems to have piddled to very little activity. We have a few inches so far this evening but very little to suggest "blizzard like" activity. Bummer IMO as I appreciate the snow.

Anyways, GREAT SCORE! Wish I could find an opportunity like that. (I haven't put in enough effort I suspect)

Regards, and stay safe!
Eric

I think know what happened to your snow. It showed up at my house.

426826_2605877622622_1125352659_32054971_372841847_n.jpg

I have 35" of the white stuff and it still coming down hard.

Glad I have plenty of wood and a snow plow. I think I may need to get out and get more beer. I underestimated how much I would need.

That sure is a lot to move by hand in two days! Glad you were able to get it before the snow. I haven't seen that much snow in one storm in over 20 years.

Billy

WOW THAT'S AWESOME! Why can't we get some snow like that here in central PA?? :bug:

I think we need to send KC out there. He really wants some snow bad for skiing.

Status
Not open for further replies.