WHEW! The hot summer sun was blazing in the office today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thistle said:
If even Quads could keep up with my 288XP & razor-filed chain,I'd buy him a 16 gallon keg of his favorite beer. :lol:
He'd be in it for the long haul. You'd have a dull chain at some point. :lol:

smokinjay said:
Jags said:
You can't split wood like that - it'll never work. :coolsmirk:

+1 that swing is just All Wrong! ;-)
He's merely conserving energy with an arms-only swing here. He doesn't break out the full body swing until he encounters a 30" Elm round. :lol:

HAHA! I'm not kidding, really. I was keeping up with him and his MS290 with full chisel Stihl chain (and he is younger than I am). I wasn't splitting it too small, because he has an outside boiler and likes to put bigger pieces in it, but I was easily quartering 12 - 18 inch diameter black oak rounds in the time it took him to cut the next one off. If it was Elm.....forget it, I would not have been helping him at all! Been doing it a long time and I really enjoy splitting, so that makes it easier for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.