Which are the best selling pellet brands in New England?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stentor

Apr 3, 2009
North of Boston, Mass
What are the biggest four or five name brand pellets in New England by sales volume? Is there some listing of the highest pellet brand sales volumes for this region? (Asking about the biggest nationally is too general a question.)

We have lots of discussion of prices and which brands are "better" (this year, this month, this morning, .....) and where you can get them (big box store, dealer, online, ......). You can see there's a lot of re-bagging and re-naming. And most of the companies are closely held, I think, so their volumes won't be published. But which are the best sellers?

Having little faith in my fellow man, I've got to believe box store mentality will win out. They sell the most stoves, so too the most pellets. Since a lot of this is proprietary, they can put whatever label they want on "their" products, so we'll probably never know the answer to your question.

we whip out a lot of canadian brands, cubex, okanagan, eagle valley, etc.. the local brands don't do as well, even though they are priced lower because of lesser frieght costs. (maine woods, corinth, northeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.