Which decision and info needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn Behm

Feb 3, 2013
About 2 years ago I purchased a Cemi Concept II. It is awesome, last year we counted the furnace turning on about 10 times, we live in CO. We use it as our main source of heat for 2100 sq ft. The mica needs replaced, another fan added and a custom collar made so that we can line the chimney. We have been running it unlined and pull the stove out to sweep the chimney. The black box in front of it in the picture is a fan from an old grate blower system to help move the air better. The cost of the stove and the repairs will have me in to the insert for about $500.00. I researched this insert before purchase and found several reviews that helped in my decision. All of our wood is free and we only use good wood. We cut and split our own wood and season for at least 10 months in a metal shed. We do not burn wet wood.

I have come across a couple of Country Comfort inserts that will cost around $500 each. These inserts have cat converters, where as the Cemi has third stage burn technology. I would not even consider changing except the Country inserts are very ornate and beautiful and the Cemi is very plain Jane. I cannot find the kind of reviews on the Country like I did on the Cemi.

If you had a choice, which insert would you choose and why? What is the difference in how each insert is run?

Thank you in advance for your advice and comments.
D

Attachments

• IMG_20130203_201445.jpg
    IMG_20130203_201445.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 557
welcome,
country comfort stoves were pretty good. out of business now if i recall correctly, but some common parts are still avail

(i'd go w/ the blazeking princess- just an awesome unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.