Which Enviro should I go with - Meridian or Omega

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelby

Jan 3, 2008
Newfoundland
I am looking to install a new pellet stove in my house. I like the Enviro stoves because I had an EF3 in my last house and I was really happy with it. I was going to get the Enviro Maxx but it can't be delivered until mid march and that is too late. My house is two stories with over 5000 sqft but the stove will be in the basement games room so I don't want anything that will make it too uncomfortable while you are down there. I guess the main thing I want to know is it worth the extra money to go with the Omega? Also, what are the pros and cons of these two stoves.

I am fairly new here and getting my first pellet stove 1/8/09. Out of the ef3, omega, maxx and a harman 61A. I went with the omega. I liked the multi fuel, self cleaning pot, hopper size, nice to look at. Also it is very easy to clean. Only thing I dont know about is although it has alot of nice features there isnt much on the stove since its so new and alot of moving parts. 2 augers ect.

Im sure Hearthtools will chime on this. He has one and works for enviro. Here was the link to my thread https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/12219/

I think it cleans the pot every 30 min and that is great. Fill it every other day with pellets.

Does the stove shut down when it cleans the firepot? If not how does it clean it? I have a mt vernon ae and it drops from the bottom and yes the stoves shuts down while doing this.

Nice looking stove. Love the big flame. Too bad the pot liner needs cleaning everyday. So it's sort of like a stirrer stove but not. I would have really looked at this one when I was in the market for a stove.

BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
Nice looking stove. Love the big flame. Too bad the pot liner needs cleaning everyday. So it's sort of like a stirrer stove but not. I would have really looked at this one when I was in the market for a stove.

what stove has to be cleaned every day? NOT THE OMEGA
I went 10 weeks and over 35 bags of pellets before I even opened the door.
here are some photos of my first clean. NEVER OPENED THE DOOR in over 35 bags
Stove ran in OFF and ON mode with a thermostat. ran it on #3 setting medium.

http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/IMG_9501clean.jpg
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/IMG_9505clean.jpg
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/IMG_9527clean.jpg

combustion blower after cleaning this is behind the ash pan
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/IMG_9532clean.jpg

Rod- Is the burn pot as full of ash as it looks in the top two pics? Or is that buildup just on the back edge?

I thought I read somewhere in the manual that the burnpot liner had to be cleaned once per day.

I have to clean behind the heat exchanger about every two weeks on the mt vernon. Its a pain to clean. Wish there was a way to clean without shutting down stove and taking apart.

Thanks so much Rod for the input. I am very impressed by the lack of required daily maintenance. As a woodburner I have a list of pros and cons for pellet heat and one of the biggest cons is the daily/weekly/monthly maintenance but this Omega seems to bring the intervals into a more reasonable timeframe.

Would it be safe to assume that based on the feedback so far to my question, the Omega is the stove to purchase. Thanks to everyone who responded.

deadeye316 said:
i will post my install 1/9. Enviro Omega here i come

Take photos of the install
and before and after

hearthtools said:
deadeye316 said:

and before and after

Do all the enviro pellet stove run without cleaning for an extended time?? im looking at the Marieann.

John

johnnywarm said:
hearthtools said:
deadeye316 said:

and before and after

Do all the enviro pellet stove run without cleaning for an extended time?? im looking at the Marieann.

John

The only Enviro with the self cleaning burn pot at this time is the OMEGA

The Meridian is the standard pellet stove (my favorite of the NON multi fuel as far as function and heat)
The Windsor is the second best but looks the best of the enviro line
so the burn pot will need to be DUMPED OR Scraped out every 1-5 days or every time before you restart the stove is best. (takes about 20 seconds to do)

A better brushing out the firebox of ash into the ash pan cleaning about every 1 to 2 weeks
and dump the ashes about every 4 weeks.

[

.[/quote]

What is the list price for the omega?

John

johnnywarm said:
[

What is the list price for the omega?

John[/quote]

Depending on were you are at but AES distributor price list is $4105.00 but
deadeye316 got one a lot less than that. I think he paid just over what I pay for them for some reason.

I ordered the omega and the stove was $2999. With tax and install. $3600. Also rememeber with the Omega it comes with a hearth pad. Savings of 300 right there.

hearthtools said:
johnnywarm said:
[

deadeye316 got one a lot less than that. I think he paid just over what I pay for them for some reason.

Is the Maxx less or more? Theses look like very nice stove's.
John

johnnywarm said:
hearthtools said:
johnnywarm said:
[

Is the Maxx less or more? Theses look like very nice stove's.
John

The Maxx in not the same stove

I just ordered mine and the quoted price is $2811.00 plus tax. That is in Canadian dollars which is slightly higher than the American dollar at the moment.

Shelby said:
I just ordered mine and the quoted price is $2811.00 plus tax. That is in Canadian dollars which is slightly higher than the American dollar at the moment.

I seen one on a website for 1670 amarican bucks. its like 269 more for the big window. shipping free.

johnnywarm said:
Shelby said:

I seen one on a website for 1670 amarican bucks. its like 269 more for the big window. shipping free.

what stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.