Which Fiskars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilstinks

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
western NC
Looking a t getting a new splitter and just wanted to see which model you all recommended. Im used to swinging a 8lb maul so i think i could handle the 4 lb. Lets hear some opinions please thanx

I bought the Pro Splitting Ax and I love it and highly recommend it. However, when I bought it I simply wanted a nice, handy little ax, which it is, and I had no intention that it would soon completely replace my maul, which it did.

Also, it was the only Fiskars ax at Olympia Supply. Had they had the 4.5lb Supper Splitter I may very well have bought it.

Get both. Life is too short to leave these questions unanswered.

I bought the Fiskars 4.5 lb Super Splitting Axe (7854) a month or so ago.
I previously used a big monster maul type splitter.

I really like the Super Splitting Axe, and haven't used my monster maul since.

I'm 6'1", and I agree that the handle is a little on the short side, but it splits so well I've simply adjusted my swing by bending a little more at the waist, and extending my arms so that if the axe misses or goes through the piece I'm splitting, it will still be swinging down towards the ground and not around towards my shins.
I've long since gotten used to it.

I recommend it highly.

After using the maul, the super splitter felt too light, until it put the maul to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.