which gas splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcole50

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2013
Ohio
Figure some people can point out some pros and cons. Currently between countryline which I beloved replaced huskee at tsc but same exact thing. Dirty hand tools and oregon. Probably stick with 22 ton because I have yet to stop one in its tracks. I would like a table attached to the beam for horizontal work. Any opinion appreciated

Of those, I'd lean towards the DHT for the faster cycle time and a few minor upgraded parts.
+1 The DHT and Countyline are highly regarded here.

Construction wise do they differ at all? Hydraulic hose location , engine, materials? I know the country line has a Kohler not sure if command or courage. Dht briggs?

If you are looking for massive amounts of reading materials and opinions simply do a search on this forum for log splitters. Many, Many threads.

I just got a dht 27 ton. I've only split about a cord so I can't give a great review. However so far so good. I really like the attached table. Did a lot of research and can't find many complaints at all. The CEO of DHT has a thread on them and is active on the arborsite forums. They even changed up their design due to input from the forum guys. That's the kind of company I like to support.

For what it's worth I say go for 27 over 22. The overall price isn't much more so I feel it's worth the extra coin.

If you don't have mom and pop store that carries them near you buy from Lowe's. They include the log catcher/table and the hydraulic fluid.

DHT 27-ton model is the slowest in their current lineup. I'd consider the 28-ton model if you want something bigger than the 22-ton model.

Cycle time doesn't matter to some, but it does to me.

Have read as much as possible. Think I will go with the dht 22 ton as long as I can get a table on it. The only larger model I liked was an oregon 28 ton in my local chainsaw shop. If I were to spend more that would be the one. Larger 12" wheel and layout seemed well put together. Are the tables like the larger models available on the 22 dht?

DHT has run some pretty good sales if you watch and are patient.

Dht has a Koehler engine also, atleast the one (27t) I've been loving on does . And they do have some decent sales on them to watch for

Status
Not open for further replies.