Which Hearthstone model is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smos1

Nov 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
Recently became an owner of a Hearthstone Heritage soapstone fireplace and want to find out more information about it. And find out if there's anything I should be doing to it to make sure it's safe and efficient to operate. I cleaned it and looked for any signs of cracks and it looks solid. I was told it was operating fine when it was removed. Being the skeptical person I am I would like to have a second opinion...or more. I'm planning to put new gaskets and any other part I can replace.

On the back is a number, I'm assuming a serial #? It is 86 108975 and a person's name Kendall Shedd, again I'm assuming...he's the person to put it together?

There's also a pipe inside, with hookups to plumbing, was told it was used to heat water.

Where can I find an owners manual online preferably? and a parts list?

I can post some photos if it helps.

thanks
Steve

smos1 said:
Recently became an owner of a Hearthstone Heritage soapstone fireplace and want to find out more information about it. And find out if there's anything I should be doing to it to make sure it's safe and efficient to operate. I cleaned it and looked for any signs of cracks and it looks solid. I was told it was operating fine when it was removed. Being the skeptical person I am I would like to have a second opinion...or more. I'm planning to put new gaskets and any other part I can replace.

On the back is a number, I'm assuming a serial #? It is 86 108975 and a person's name Kendall Shedd, again I'm assuming...he's the person to put it together?

There's also a pipe inside, with hookups to plumbing, was told it was used to heat water.

thanks
Steve

It would help and make it easier.

smos1 said:

thanks
Steve

Have you tried contacting Hearthstone? I'd hope they'd be all over this.

The hot water hookup is non-standard, and I'd suggest you make very sure it's not a problem--again, I'd start with Hearthstone. Did someone drill through the soapstone to put it in?

Perhaps that pipe you mention has nothing to do with heating water? There should be a baffle and is used for the secondary combustion.

This thread most definitely needs pictures . . . then we can tell if someone has built some type of hot water system into this stove, if this is an older Hearthstone or if as Backwoods has surmised that this is simply the baffle and secondary burn tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.