1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Which HVAC Thermostat has programmable ’fan only’ mode?

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by olsonbri, May 14, 2011.

1. olsonbri

olsonbri New Member

Loc:
    Stillwater, OK
    Hi, we had a Venstar thermostat in our previous home that had a programmable fan only feature. So, for example, I could set it to kick on the fan for 10 minutes (or however long) on the hour. Now that we have a high efficiency fireplace, I wish I had this feature to help move the air around the house, but not have the fan running constantly. Is anyone aware of a thermostat manufacturer besides Venstar that would have this feature? The Venstar we had was, as I recall, over $200 . It was a SmartHome compatible, but don't need that now in our current home.

Thanks! --Bri

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. realstihl

realstihl Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    eastern kansas
    Venstar still makes them. Robertshaw also but not as easy to use as Venstar. Honeywell is good but you can't program times seperately or independant from the standard program. Honeywell calls it circulate mode and I think it is just a set time of 20 min. per hour. Do some research on each one. Hope this helps.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
  4. olsonbri

olsonbri New Member

Loc:
    Stillwater, OK
    Thank you realstihl & BeGreen for this info!! You've saved me an evening of searching all the brands/products!