which is the better deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
a stihl o11AV with a 16inch bar for $100
a echo 440 for $150
a jonsered 2063 turbo for $150

also saw a brand new poulin at Lowes its yellow not green and is the professional grade ( supposedly) it was a 42 cc for $199 but for that price there was a husky 32cc any opinions ?

Jonsered hands down out those choices. If its in good shape.

No offense to any of those saws brother but if I were you I keep saving my dough for a couple more weeks...unless of course you want to know as 'kwikrp the limber'.

JONSERED 2063 Turbo chainsaws 62.4 cc 4.6 hp 13.2 lbs
Thats a bit more than a little limbing saw.

How old are these saws?

I've held, and used an Echo 440, and it's a good quality saw.

Does Jonsered still make the 2063?

You're right it's all of that back in day...guess I'm thinking it's a tired saw pretty sure it goes back to the mid 90's. I'm just very leary of used chain saws...most guys I know that got 'em for serious cutting end up trading up for newer saws...it's always something. You cut with a bunch of guys and it's always your saw that goes down ...it can be a real ball buster.

What are you aiming to do with the saws? Those are three entirely different machines, hardly apples-apples. Knowing your intended use will guide the decision process a bit better than just looking at a list of three different saws in the <200$ range.

And there are NO current Poulan/Homelite/Sears/McCulloch chainsaws that are "professional" and none that are worth buying.

a echo 440 for $150
a jonsered 2063 turbo for $150 for me it would be between these 2 saws

I am looking for a versitile saw for firewood. This would include cutting down some trees, cutting up fallen tree and cutting it up into firewood.

Echo would be the easiest to find parts for and get work on. What size tree you plain on felling?

I like my echo for felling and bucking.. I would like to have another 011 as a climbing saw. If its in good shape and you pass on it, let me know I could send you the money and have you send me the saw.. BTW, the "new" 011 saws (ms192t) goes for 300plus around here. The echo retails for 299 and I have no input on the Jr.. Good luck..

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.