Which magnehelic?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nanama72

Mar 9, 2008
Western MA
Which specifications of Mag would be recommended? On ebay there are a wide variety of choices. I see a recommendation in the manual of taking a reading of the pressure and how it should be 0.12 to 0.13 inches of water column on high, but then how to you reset the slider? It just says "A qualified service technician or installer must set the slider damper" in the manual. But they did not use a Mag when they set up the stove. All they told us was "put it in the middle", in reference to the slider. Maybe this answers why we cannot burn on low setting in our Empress!

Thanks.

i get a gage that reads low mine reads .1 to .20 will check tonight. do believe enviro says when stove is on hi fire for certain period of time(1/2 hour check manual) set damper rod to achieve .12 to.13 i bought my gage off ebay. i just put a mark on rod where i get best setting as i have been using 2 different brand of pellets my stove is enviro ef 3

Thanks alot for the info. I did see that in the manual. My main problem is burning on settings lower than 3 and someone suggested I could use a mag there to get it to burn well on setting 1 or 2. Would you know anything about that?

Thanks

www.dwyer-inst.com is the link model 2000 is what i bought off ebay .5 -.25. i found my stove would load up pot on high fire checked a few times with gage willl burn good now on high fire . i bought gage for 2 reasons to set stove plus i like gagets/ cool stuff lol. the wife shake her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.