which model fisher?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flatlander018

Sep 22, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie
Hi, we just bought a camp with a Fisher stove noticed no door gasket and read the threads here saying not needed. Thanks great help. My question is my stove has dimensions and looks like a Baby Bear but the chimney pipe is from the stove top not the back like I see in all the thread pictures. do I have a different model? and what should I lubricate the hinges with? thanks

A picture would help identify it. A customer could have it vented any way he wanted since many were sold through factory showrooms right in the same building as the fabrication shop. Since they were more efficient with rear or side vent, it would be advisable to put some type of baffle plate across the top vent opening.
At a minimum, you should have a damper in the first piece of pipe.

Any high temp grease is fine. I like silver anti-seize too since it's higher temp and seems to last. Keep the threads greased through the hole in the door behind draft cap too. You don't want too much wear on the threads in the draft cap.

Here's an oddity where two Papa Bear stoves were ordered with 8 inch outlets. All single door stoves normally had 6 inch.

8 inch Papa Bears.jpg 8 inch Papa flue.jpg

All the sales people I met at the PA Factory Showroom were trained well. Most did installs, managed or owned the business. So you had to prove to them you had an exceptional case that required something fabricated special to work better in your installation. One reason for needing a top vent would be in a small building that floor space is limited. The pipe out the back requires the stove to take up more room for clearance to the wall than coming out the top of stove.

A picture would help identify it. A customer could have it vented any way he wanted since many were sold through factory showrooms right in the same building as the fabrication shop. Since they were more efficient with rear or side vent, it would be advisable to put some type of baffle plate across the top vent opening.
At a minimum, you should have a damper in the first piece of pipe.

Any high temp grease is fine. I like silver anti-seize too since it's higher temp and seems to last. Keep the threads greased through the hole in the door behind draft cap too. You don't want too much wear on the threads in the draft cap.

Here's an oddity where two Papa Bear stoves were ordered with 8 inch outlets. All single door stoves normally had 6 inch.

View attachment 139233 View attachment 139234

All the sales people I met at the PA Factory Showroom were trained well. Most did installs, managed or owned the business. So you had to prove to them you had an exceptional case that required something fabricated special to work better in your installation. One reason for needing a top vent would be in a small building that floor space is limited. The pipe out the back requires the stove to take up more room for clearance to the wall than coming out the top of stove.
Thanks, as for size yes it is a small camp 480 sq ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.