Which pellet stove do you own? *Poll inside*

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Which brand stove do you own?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xena

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2005
South Shore MA
Thought this would be a fun one. The poll would only
allow me 12 answers so I chose the brands I've read
most about. If you chose "other" please post
make/model. Thanks.

First year of burning but mine is a Breckwell Big E. Hope it does the job. Reason for picking is the big hopper.

Dang, people, if you chose other please post what you've got.

Guess we must have lots of stoveless lurkers cuz over 100 views
but only 20 votes.

Have a Harman XXV and Harman Advance2 and love em!

Hmmmm.....a "Dell Point" (never heard of them) listed on the choices, but not an Avalon??

I bought the Astoria for a number of reasons:

1. Price - bought a dealer showroom model for about $1000 off list price
2. Travis Industries seems to make a good stove from what I've read
3. Plenty of heat output
4. Big hopper (115 Lbs.)
5. Looked easy to service

Austroflamm Integra to be installed 10/24.

I had put deposit down on Quadrafire Classic Bay, but due to what I felt was miscommunication with dealer (ie: none) I cancelled my order and contacted another dealer for Quad. CB. Owner of first company did call and understood where I was coming from and offered Austroflamm for same price as CB, with an earlier install state than CB, by about a month. How could I say no?

Looking forward to install!

Mark_ms

PS I voted for "other" and did not get chance to explain :question:

I put St. Croix, but it's not a stove, it's a FREAKIN' FURNACE

And as they make the turn into the back straightaway it is Quadrafire in the lead with Harman and Englander neck and neck battling for second...

Austroflamm integra, 16 years old an still running strong. I also picked up a cheapo charlie? for free going to clean it up and check it out.

Hey, I voted and I am the other just like the primary elections in NY. But I didn't get to explain..............................Whats that about eh???????????????? chit we Independants just get no damned respect at all do we!!!!! Just like in the primaries no one cares...............................

Driz whaddya mean ya didn't get to explain? You're suppose
to give the explanation in your post.

Napoleon, first year, but so far we are doing well heating our raised ranch. Stove on the lower level.

I have a Kozi KSH-120. Just finished the install this week and fired it up for a smoke test tonight. All appears well. Here's to hoping it works well this winter.

breckwell downstairs englander upstairs.add breakwell big e to my pole barn /workshop to save on propane. replace 92 % furnace in barn now.

zeta said:
Driz whaddya mean ya didn't get to explain? You're suppose
to give the explanation in your post.

Oh, yea. I thought this was one of those high class outfits with the drop down boxes and all that cool stuff. Well if I have to do it the hard way then I have a Countryside, Nowdays know a Magnum by American Energy Systems. Somehow Countryside sounds more quaint doesn't it? Anyways it does what it's supposed to and somehow heats 1400SF of ranch here in the Tundra for the last 4 years.

I have an old austroflamm Integra

I have a Sierra Insert, Monday it will have been installed two weeks. Nothing, but problems, with the stove and the dealer. The insert works on low, but if you turn it up on medium or high it will run from 8 to 10 minutes and shuts itself down. “ Over temperature light come on turns stove off”. It was installed and purchased from a local dealer. Monday, I called the dealer with this problem, and each day after that, he will not return my calls, and when I do catch him in the store, one excuse after another. I called the manufacture and they said it needs a new IC chip, and that the dealer would have the chip, in stock because the IC chip was sent to the dealers a few weeks ago. Come to find out the dealer I purchased from is not a true Sierra dealer just a sub dealer, if that makes sense. Yesterday on Saturday once again I called and talked with the dealer’s wife, and she said he would call. Needless to say not call back.

Here is my solution, on Monday first thing, I am going to call the dealer my last time. If he does not have the chip in hand and on his way to my house, I am going to give him until Saturday to come here and pickup his insert. I am going to tell him in uncertain terms to bring a certified check with him. I don’t have 4,000.00 to toss in the wind.

I purchased the stove from a dealer paid more thinking it was the right thing to do, so if something did go wrong he would fix it and it would be something I would not have to worry about. If I knew what I know now I could have saved a bunch on money, by just purchasing a insert somewhere and do the install myself. Believe me with the fireplace I have it was not rocket science to install, took less than 30 minutes for him to put it in.

Conclusion, if this is not corrected very soon, you guys might see me on People court.

Zeta
I was lookin for a place to give explanation when I voted too! dah! US Stove 6039i Inexpensive stove that should keep my small home warm. Multifuel, ashpan, nickel trim,thermostat ready, no autostart is the only drawback. Lookin forward to watching Sunday night football nice and toasty after a long, cold day of hunting!
Schoondog

I polled other,I have a Jamestown J1000 older a 1995 running awesome

Hmmmm...wonder if there is any voter fraud going on here....

I have an "other" also. I have an American Energy Systems (Magnum) Countryside. This is my 3rd year burning with it and I love it. It's a great workhorse multifuel stove without alot of bells and whistles.

There doesn't seem to be many of these stoves out there. Other than an auger motor problem finally covered under warranty, I've had no troubles.

nawie

Attachments

• 100_0673 (Large).JPG
    100_0673 (Large).JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,170
nawie, some awful big socks you got there, you may be able to store 50 lbs of pellets in each sock :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.