Which pellet stove do you own? *Poll inside*

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Which brand stove do you own?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nawie said:
I have an "other" also. I have an American Energy Systems (Magnum) Countryside. This is my 3rd year burning with it and I love it. It's a great workhorse multifuel stove without alot of bells and whistles.

There doesn't seem to be many of these stoves out there. Other than an auger motor problem finally covered under warranty, I've had no troubles.

nawie

We sell those AES Stoves..a multifuel workhorse is the best way to describe it. Good stove for the price

St.Croix Afton Bay. I can only run it #2 out of 5 cause it blows me out of the room (too hot). Great stove although the Versa Grate motor is a tad loud.

Second season on a Quadrafire 1200 Classic Bay insert. Haven't had any problems with it to this point. Love the way it heats up the entire house.

Curly Sue said:
Thought this might be worth a bump now that heating season is
upon us.

Nice job on the pole. I knew Harman was tops, But I didn't figure quad was second. I thought Englander or maybe Breckwell.

Who would have thunk it?

jay

save$ said:
Napoleon, first year, but so far we are doing well heating our raised ranch. Stove on the lower level.

Also have a Napoleon NPS40 in the lower level of a Raised Ranch. I opened up the wall to the stairwell to get more heat upstairs. Second year with it. I bought it for the price and the availability last year when stoves were tough to get. So far so good.

'01 St. Croix Pepin....

I answered Englander, because that's who makes my stove, even though it's marketed as Summers Heat.

Appears to be alot of cheesy built stoves now, remember who was the first and the best..........WHITFIELD!

Think about it, the inards are all based on Dr Whitfields design...

Bosca Soul 700 Zero clearance insert
Reasons for choosing:
Felt like it threw more heat than the oether brands in the show room burning the same pellets on the same setting. Seemed a little quieter too.
Needed a ZC unit.
Liked the looks, a little more modern looking unit overall.

Harman P68. First year burning and so far the house is warmer than when I used HHO as primary :)

Pellet-King said:
Appears to be alot of cheesy built stoves now, remember who was the first and the best..........WHITFIELD!

Think about it, the inards are all based on Dr Whitfields design...

I remember seeing my first pellet stove at a fair (Topsfield, I think) many (at least 20) years ago. Wonder if that was a Whitfield

My former "other half" said "Keep going; it's a fad and does not compare to real wood". Well she is no longer here and the pellet stove is.

Listed below

I have 4 whitfields in my garage, do I vote 4 times? obsessive compulsive-not me
Started looking for a pellet stove to heat my garage last summer, offerd a craigslist ad $300 for an advantage and got a nasty email back!
Found an advantage insert and prodigy freestanding for free. Tried to fix the prodigy first but way too many problems, and I didn't like the idea of a positive pressure fire box, gave up on it. Prodigy dead, advantage insert fired up without even cleaning (got the cool wrap window, ultra grate and electronic control board) had to buy an old advantage freestanding (older burn pot and controls)for $200, which fired right up, to turn newer insert into freestanding.
then found another advantage freestanding for free (ultra grate and electronic control board) it obviously didn't run right. All smoked up,non original C-frame combustion motor and the guy said it only had one burn setting. I put the thermostat jumper wire that was stapled to the owners manual he gave me on the control board, cleaned it out and it ran beautifly.
even got the vent pipe off craigslist.

hoping to sell the older advantage as a reconstructed insert.
thinking of replacing my basement woodstove with the last advantage I got free
need to get rid of the old prodigy!

Thank you to all who help us newcomers understand how these stoves work!

Gotta subtract one from the "other" list, and add one to the Englander....sold my Astoria, and bought a multi-fuel Englander.

Have a Lennox Winslow PS40. Installed last year. I looked at the BigE and also the Harman stoves, but none were in stock and I wasn't ready to cough up 3K again for propane to NOT heat the house.

For the most part have been very happy with it. I just wished I had found this group before I bought. Apparently I got lucky last year with the pellets I bought as they worked very well. This year there is a lot more choice in my area (near Rochester, NY) so I've tried several brands. Unfortunately the one brand I purchased a ton of didn't work all that well with this particular stove. Back to the more expensive brand I used last year.

Northernpig said:
.....Apparently I got lucky last year with the pellets I bought as they worked very well. ....... Unfortunately the one brand I purchased a ton of didn't work all that well with this particular stove. Back to the more expensive brand I used last year.

So don't keep us in the dark...we always want to hear "reviews" on pellets in different stoves....what did you use last year, and this year?

Probably would be viewed more if you started a new thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.