Which Pellet to use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drellvis

Sep 24, 2011
Northern NJ
Having my Hampton GC 160 installed next week. I would like opinions on these 2 pellets. My local TSC has Licnetics and Appalachian Hardwoods, both are $ 214 per ton. Lowes has American Hardwood for about $ 220 per ton. What do you think?

The best strategy is to buy a few bags of each brand that is available in your area to see what your stove & installation prefers.

Lignetics green label has good heat but a bit more ash than I like. Blue Labels stay away!

Appalachian Hardwoods are decent middle of the road stuff!

American Hardwood??? Do you mean American Wood Fibers? AWF for short. Best of the 3 you have listed if it is actually AWF. Nice heat low ash compared to the others listed.

So my order would be.

1.) AWF
2.) Lignetics green labels
3.) Appalachian Hardwoods

j-takeman said:
Licnetics green label has good heat but a bit more ash than I like. Blue Labels stay away!

American Hardwood??? Do you mean American Wood Fibers? AWF for short. Best of the 3 you have listed if it is actually AWF. Nice heat low ash compared to the others listed.

So my order would be.

1.) AWF
2.) Licnetics green labels

I will second the motion. I have burned 1 & 2 and agree.

GrahamInVa said:
j-takeman said:
Licnetics green label has good heat but a bit more ash than I like. Blue Labels stay away!

So my order would be.

1.) AWF
2.) Lignetics green labels

I will second the motion. I have burned 1 & 2 and agree.

I'm not sure he is talking about AWF though.

Check this thread. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/50797/

I don't think so either. Might be Great American too? I also liked the GAP's same pellet as Power House.

Status
Not open for further replies.