Which Pellets to buy in Central mass??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRINKSFORALL

Jul 12, 2011
Eastern Ma.
Found a pellet distributor in Uxbridge, ma that sells many brands of pellets I have never heard of. I've used Oki's for my 1st season and they were good but the price went up this year by 30.00$$. Which of these have you fine folks used?? I have a Englander (timber ridge stove)

Pelletsdirect.com/2012 Early Buy Pricing.htm

Ive only tried linganetics, theyre just ok. Left hard carbon build up in the burnpot.

Do I dare say that they are tossing up the scare tactics again?

Instabilities in the Home Heating Oil & Diesel Fuel Markets have created insecurity as to the cost of heating our Homes
With no end in sight don't get caught short on your Heating Supplies.
ORDER NOW to Secure your Winter Warmth for Your Home and Family!!!

Do I dare say that they are tossing up the scare tactics again?
Ha, more like "warm weather has caused insecurities in our revenue stream, order now to secure our summer income" funny they don't mention the record low price of natural gas... I respect that they need to make a living but I burn pellets to avoid oil price instability(yes i know pellets are shipped on diesel trucks but come on).

just starting out this year so I don't have a wealth of experience. I purchased 5 tons of PWI from them in March. Good heat, low fly ash, but a lot of fines in the bags. I will need to setup a vacuum for next season. I think the Green Supreme that I picked up at Lowe's were better on all 3 aspects. I also had 3 tons of McFeeters softwoods delivered from pelletsrus.com in Acton. have not unwrapped them to looked at, but were $30/ton cheaper than the PWI.

Status
Not open for further replies.