Which pipe where?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugboy

Mar 5, 2007
north-central Kansas
I have an 18" Simpson DVL stove pipe and a 40-68" adjustable Simpson DVL to go from my stove to the ceiling box. Which one should go on top, which one on bottom for ease of cleaning, ease of assembly, etc.

Any inputs are welcome. This is going to go together Sunday morning after which I will do my first break-in burn.

Thanks for your help/advice.

You're going to screw the adjustable halves together after you assemble the run.
Put the adjustable one where it's most convenient to install/remove those screws.

The reaon I asked is that my chimney is 11' above a 10-12 pitch roof and it seems safet to clean from the inside. My thoughts were put the 18" on the stove then run the adujustable to the ceiling box, that way I can remove the 18" section and have room to slide-up and/or remove the bottom half of the adjustable section. I could then clean from inside the house and wouldn't have to be way up there above the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.