WHICH SAW?!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
southbound said:
smokinjay said:
southbound said:
Sorry but my favorite limbing saw is my 064 with the 066 top end and a 28 inch bar.. I like the power and not having to bend over as much...

Honestly the only saw I ever want to run is that 064/066................

You would get use to a 460 pretty quick..lol

We run 440's and 460's all day and I don't see me buying one.. I like my little 290 as well and don't see the need...

I split the 064 to install bearings and a case gasket that failed..Now that I have the jig made I want ti splti the other 064 case I have and build a big bore 66 out of it...

bb 066 your getting very close to turning the grain sideways! I myself like the 460 better than the 660 it just fits my trees better.

AND THE WINNER IS>>>>>>>>> STIHL FARM BOSS!!!!! I got a heck of a deal on one at a place my friend goes to. Out the door at $380 total with a 20" bar. Cant wait to run this sombitch through some logs, hehe :coolgrin: Well I just want to thank everyone for their input in helping me make a choice. I'll keep ya posted on how well it works for me.

I'll go hoggin! Send it to me!!! :lol:

buzzkill69 said:
AND THE WINNER IS>>>>>>>>> STIHL FARM BOSS!!!!! I got a heck of a deal on one at a place my friend goes to. Out the door at $380 total with a 20" bar. Cant wait to run this sombitch through some logs, hehe :coolgrin: Well I just want to thank everyone for their input in helping me make a choice. I'll keep ya posted on how well it works for me.

Don't pinch the saw! Give her hell.

zap

Just used my new saw the first time yesterday. WOW Holy cow what a friggin difference. Woohoo This thing is an animal. It didnt bog or blink or anything. Why did I wait all this time to get a real saw I'll never know but Im loving this saw and the price @$380. :cheese: My firewood production just went up 1000%.

buzzkill69 said:
Just used my new saw the first time yesterday. WOW Holy cow what a friggin difference. Woohoo This thing is an animal. It didnt bog or blink or anything. Why did I wait all this time to get a real saw I'll never know but Im loving this saw and the price @$380. :cheese: My firewood production just went up 1000%.

I recently bought a Stihl 311 and I felt exactly the same way. It's just so much better than the little saw I was using before... And even the 311 isn't that much more than the little saw was. A big reason for me to go with the 311 is the vibration reduction, which will be easier on my tendinitis.

Status
Not open for further replies.