which snapdisk to get and where to mount?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
Trying to come up with something that will turn the blower when the temp drops. I know a lot of blowers use a snap disk. Which is the best one to get (any idea of part #). The guy at the hardware store showed me some but they had plastic parts on them so I was unsure about that. Any idea where it should be mounted?

Why not call Osburn dealer?

rwhite said:
Trying to come up with something that will turn the blower when the temp drops. I know a lot of blowers use a snap disk. Which is the best one to get (any idea of part #). The guy at the hardware store showed me some but they had plastic parts on them so I was unsure about that. Any idea where it should be mounted?

This is the area they mounted ours (don't ask why) I'll find out Monday.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4381.jpg
    100_4381.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_4380-1.jpg
    100_4380-1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 171
I mounted mine on the bottom of the stove by the fan control. Worked great until the ash pan filled up and acted as insulation from the stoves heat. Then it would take forever to kick on. So out it came. Haven't gotten around to re-installing it yet but I'm thinking it will go on the side somewhere.

I'm thinking at this point rather than try the snap disk I may use a appliance thermostat or timer and see how that treats me. I pretty well have an idea when it needs to shut down overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.