Which splitter should I get?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up buying the 22ton county line friday from TSC because of this tip. thanks!

it was on sale for $850 before tax. pre assembled and fill of fluids. so far I love it but do not have any hwrdwoods to test at the moment only a downed soft maple in the yard

You did good. Don't worry about hardwoods. That thing will breeze through hardwood no sweat.

I ended up buying the 22ton county line friday from TSC because of this tip. thanks!

it was on sale for $850 before tax. pre assembled and fill of fluids. so far I love it but do not have any hwrdwoods to test at the moment only a downed soft maple in the yard

Glad I could help. Cheers!

:) not a bad idea..

I'm not trusting my new moisture meter, almost a cord of black locust that was hallowed out with carpenter ants is reading in at about 20% just split!
Carpenter ant are still there, any real worries of them going to my house?
I had the tree dropped off from elsewhere...

Smee....I have experience with carpenter ants...they are horrible. I fell, skid, split all my own wood. When I come across ants in the wood, I will pour a small amount of gas onto the log/split to kill them all....instantly. You don't want them in your house, nearby, etc. Amazing when you dig into what they do, how they migrate and work. All nasty. Kill them.....do NOT bring them inside or even close to the house.

I keep a can of raid next to splitter to spray them, then set the wood aside to observe .. spray as needed.

Free range chickens. Mine will fight you over any bug. They are like bug police with little rototillers built in to look under stuff.

Reactions: D9H
Status
Not open for further replies.