Which stove is better?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bthomas70

Feb 14, 2008
Northern Ohio
I am looking at two different stoves. Don't need nothing to big or fancy. I am looking at a Dutchwest CDW244 or a Enerzone - Solution 1.6 not to familiar with either one. Anyone have any experience pros or cons with either stove?

Thanks, Brad

I don't know anything about the Enerzone. The CDW stove may be unsupported soon depending on CFM bankruptcy outcome. In this size and price range I would look at the Englander 13NC, Napoleon 1100 and maybe a Drolet Eldorado?(another SBI product) for comparison.

How big a place will the stove be heating?

If the room is insulated, you'll want a small stove for only 200 sqft. I'd suggest not installing something designed to heat 2,000 sqft as may be the case for some of the stoves mentioned.

Enerzone is SBI...
http://enerzone-intl.com/history.aspx

Given a 4-season room with lots of glass and less than perfect installation, this stove may work well. It is 1.6 CF firebox, which puts it into the medium small category. There are not too many low cost stoves available that have much smaller fireboxes than that - you have to go up in price to a Jotul 602 or a Morso model.......of course, this depends on what you are paying for the 1.6

As others mentioned, Dutchwest is in bankruptcy now, which makes the other model a better idea.

bthomas70 said:
The size of my room is 200 sq ft. It is a 4 season room

Thanks

Will the stove be only heating this room or do you hope to get some benefit from it into other parts of the house?

Craig, do you know how the Enerzone line differs from the Drolet line at SBI?

Status
Not open for further replies.