Which stove please?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tambo

Feb 16, 2013
You probably roll yr eyes to the ceiling when a newbe comes on here asking "which is the best stove" but it's a valid question lol to a novice. We have been told a multi fuel burner is the best and I prefer the enamel coated ones personally (easier to wipe clean). We have a bout £500 to spend but I don't mind second hand (or is this a no no?) Are self cleaning ones all they are cracked up to be? I need a top flue so I can set it back into the chimney opening, otherwise I would have gone for a beautiful secondhand French one that are old but beautifully decorative...but probably pants in lots of other ways. Is there a minimum depth of cast iron that you can ask a manufacturer to avoid a Chinese import?

.... so far have found a Warnock Hersey, a 4.7kw CARRON, a Franco Belge 4.5kw, a6kw Henley Aran, a Jotul GF3. (all second hand)
OK hit me

You are likely asking all the wrong people, Warnock Hersey is a testing lab not a stove, the Jotul GF3 is a gas unit, the others appear to be small solid (non pellet or corn ) fuel units.

Tamboo, I see you're from overseas. The units you're asking about are wood burners.. You posted this thread in the pellet/corn stove forum.

Maybe a mod can move this to the proper forum.

Tamboo, I see you're from overseas. The units you're asking about are wood burners.. You posted this thread in the pellet/corn stove forum.

Maybe a mod can move this to the proper forum.

The Henley site describes their stoves as "Wood burning and Multifuel". Does "multifuel" have another meaning in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.