which style for the price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chumscustoms

Jan 29, 2009
se iowa
i purchased a property that had a vogelzang norsman 2500 already there so i have installed it and am useing it but i am not happy with it, the wood consumption is horrible and the heating is not that great. i am still redoing some of the duct work and setting but i dont for see this being the best furnace in the world,
i would like to get input on a furnace in the $5000 range or less all i want is to heat 1700 square feet(approx18x100) one floor
if i have to put to stoves in or just a gasification i really dont care
but last week i went through a truck load of wood that was all locust and oak that was stored and aged for atleast 2 years.

I am getting frustrated with this furnace and cant seem to get the settings right or it is just a peice of junk
please help
thanks ben

Status
Not open for further replies.