Which Super-split? J, HD or Special Edition?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manatarms

Sep 11, 2009
Northern NJ
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at a Super-Split and wanted to know if anyone has recommendations as to which model to get...the J model...HD or SE? Also which engine? I'm leaning towards the HD with the Robins.

Anyone have experience with the different versions?

TIA

-Mark

Well , I went with a HD model I have the robins 6.5 motor and it was dieing every 10 min or so . but i think the oil censer was killing the motor . It been OK for about 10 hrs now . The SE looked sweet and cost alot more but the large motor will burn more fuel and that is why i went with the HD . I like the Honda motors and the parts seem to have a better fit then the robins . I like the heavy duty and i can split 30" logs . John

Status
Not open for further replies.