1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Which Trailer for Hauling Wood

Post in 'The Gear' started by Ralphie Boy, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    Help! I'm trying to find a trailer for hauling wood on my properity. I'm looking at both the
    Yukon Tracks Trail Warrior ATV Trailer — 1250-Lb. Capacity, 20 1/2 Cu. Ft., Model# TX158 and the Yukon Tracks Trail Warrior ATV Trailer — 1250-Lb. Capacity, 20 1/2 Cu. Ft., Model# TX158. Any of you use either of these or have a recommendation for a different model??? THANKS!!:cool:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Did you mean to list the same trailer twice? Should be an easy decision.....==c;)
    ditchrider, Gasifier and PapaDave like this.
  3. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    I like the looks of it. The only negative, for me anyway, is the hitch. I would rather have a ball, because I use my atv for moving my splitter around, and a hitch pin will wear out the hole in your atv hitch. Unless your atv has a receiver hitch and you can swap ball mounts easily. My atv is old.
  4. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Like it but would change the hitch for my use. For your Kubota it might be perfect.

I see they have single & dual axle model with the same weight & capacity.
    Dual axle is more stable & less tongue weight
    Single axle more maneuverable in the woods.

http://www.amazon.com/Yukon-Tracks-Trail-Warrior-Trailer/dp/B001RPK5BQ
    41c-27EtVoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 41OFJyrQHoL.jpg
    Gasifier likes this.
  5. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky along the Ohio River
    OOPS!! Second one should have been Polar Sport Off-Road ATV Trailer — 1500-Lb. Capacity, 22 Cu. Ft., Model# 8233. Sorry about that kids! ;em
    zap likes this.
  6. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    That's actually a single axle with walking beams. Probably why they show the same capacity. Definitely be more stable in the bumpy stuff.
  7. jeepmedic

jeepmedic Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Cashton, WI
    Gasifier likes this.
  8. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Those are both nice trailers Ralph. I have not owned either of them, so can not give you solid advice. But a brother of mine has one just like the Polar Sport. He has used it a lot and I have used it a few times. Very tough trailer, that hard poly body is durable. Not a bad price for the Polar through Amazon at 359.99. Keep us posted on what you decide.
  9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    We've had ours for a couple years now and mostly like it. I did cut some osb to put in the bottom as it is a bit weak. That is, if you happen to drop a big round it will dent the bottom. The tongue could be a bit better but we've had no problem with it yet. I do like they put grease zerks for the axle and the tires are nice and wide. With the wide tires I could see no need for the dual axle. Methinks if the trail was so bad that you would need the dual axle then you'd also need something other than the atv to pull it. In other words, I think the dual axle should not be considered.

One thing I really like is that the tongue has a good length so backing up is easy. Basically, we are happy with it.

First load.JPG Hauling wood-1.JPG
  10. 'bert

'bert Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East of the Rockies West of the Rest, North of 49
    I have had one of these for a few years and it has always worked well. The cold has never been a factor for the poly tub.[​IMG]
    Gasifier likes this.
  11. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    That is a good size load of wood donnest! How many pounds is that rated for? I like that avatar of yours as well. Crazy man! !!!
  12. firecracker_77

firecracker_77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NWI office - 2 Heritages; Chicago home - Woodstock
    Nice setup Backwoods!!! Those are some nice looking stacks too.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  13. 'bert

'bert Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East of the Rockies West of the Rest, North of 49
    The pic is not my trailer just the stock manufactures picture (Otter Outdoors) the trailer is rated for 1500 lbs. It has torsion axles and pulls really nice. I forget where I got the avatar from but the flaming clown seemed to fit well with this forum.
    Gasifier likes this.
  14. Adkjake

Adkjake Member

Loc:
    Adirondack High Peaks
    Have to check that one out, just what I'm looking for to tow behind the ATV over rough trails. And that poly tub has held up well? Have you used it during really cold weather?
  15. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Buddy had a poly tub (not sure which brand) and it cracked when he tossed a round into it with cold weather . . . he hasn't been particularly happy with it . . . but as stated . . . I'm not sure which brand it was or how big a round he tossed into it.