Which Zero Clearance Fireplace? Villa Vista / Opel / Regency Excalibur

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grif

Nov 19, 2007
South West Michigan
Howdy wood burners,

I've read every single archived message on this site about zero clearance fireplaces and will be purchasing one this summer. My list is narrowed down to three fireplaces:

Lennox Villa Vista (aka BIS Panorama)
RSF Opel 3
Regency Excalibur EX90

I have a quote for the Villa Vista at around $6400 installed.
I have a quote for the RSF Opel 3, with catalytic cumbustor kit, at around $5700 installed.
No quote yet for the Regency.

These babies sure are expensive.

I PM'd two or three RSF owners and both were extremely satisfied with their fireplaces. There is very little Villa Vista/Panorama information out there and I'm hoping to find someone who has experience burning this fireplace. I like the idea of a cat fireplace and am leaning towards the Villa Vista, but I'd like to take in as much information as I can before I pull the trigger.

Does anyone have a photo of the Opel 3 installed without the clean facing option? Also, has anyone used the RSF Opel with the optional catalytic cumbustor kit?

Any thoughts on the Regency fireplace?

Thanks!
Grif

Status
Not open for further replies.