Whistling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven20

Dec 18, 2008
Baltimore
I cleaned my stove this weekend and took out the ceramic logs....As soon as it fired up I start hearing this whistling sound....It whistle all the thru burn time and shutdown mode.......Could it be because the logs were taken out?

My Leyden will start to whistle when the pellets ignite and the fire starts to grow. Stops after 5 minutes or so. It does this with or without the logs.
Mike -

Sounds more like an air leak. Damage the door gasket? Or hey, maybe you got some pretty women walking by the stove all the time. That's sure to cause a whistle.

If I push the right door in with a little force it goes away....

Raven20 said:
If I push the right door in with a little force it goes away....
Proves its not the women then. Looks like the gasket.

Congrats to your Ravens. My Giants forgot there was a game to play.

Thanks Bob......Unfortunatly my daughters boyfriend is a Giant fan......He wouldn't even come to the house last night....

Status
Not open for further replies.