whit is loosing its wits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doingitonadime

Mar 3, 2013
shelton,ct
my cascade shutdown the other night and burn pot was almost full,thinking that's odd just cleaned the whole thing including exhaust going up chimney so I took it apart and re-cleaned it all nothing found , I just watched left side of burn pot start to fill up again and thought what the heck, closed of air supply and burn pot went back to normal then auger started spitting out pellets like a dam slot machine lowered feed rate let it burn down brought rate back up and all is fine now, what would make the auger decide to keep dropping pellets

odd it ran fine all night and again for the last 1 1/2 hrs and still running I was thinking board also guess I need to wait till it craps out

there's a craigslist ad in meriden ct for a Cascade for $300, they say it works ok, might be your chance for parts

there's a craigslist ad in meriden ct for a Cascade for $300, they say it works ok, might be your chance for parts
I saw that add weird thing is stove works fine now but 300 is a good price for a complete extra , but not sure I was planning on buying another cb1200 but a insert

Status
Not open for further replies.