white ash ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman1

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
Did some googlin and the best i can tell is white ash, whatcha think??
sorry have been not keeping up with some posts but its been crazy got wood coming from every where :bug:
gonna post some pics tomorrow i hope

Attachments

• Leaves ( resize).jpg
    Leaves ( resize).jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 597
  • Tree Trunk 2 ( resize).jpg
    Tree Trunk 2 ( resize).jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 613
hummm leaves don't look like ash to me, bark resembles ash though.

Ja, it's Ash. Around here we have Black Ash and some other kind. That is some other kind. Nobody here can tell me what kind it is.

There are several varieties of Ash,in my neck of the woods we have mostly Green Ash.

Looks like ash to me. Look at how the bark has started to flake off. That is typical of ash when the ash borer starts working inside.

I agree white ash. 2nd driest wood with 2nd highest btu rating. MC:BTU ratio

For sure it is ash. I mostly get green and white and it doesn't look like either. What about black or even pumpkin ash?

The cut looks too light and the bark is too different for black ash. The wood and bark look more like white ash, but I agree that the leaves look different.

Almost look like cherry leaves!

Definately an ash.. Not sure on what species but looks like white. Good score!

Thanks for the help fellas
Im glad it was good stuff
have a small branch on a piece from the second load with some leaves
still on it
will try to post a pic tomorrow
the wood feels like its real dry even though its fresh cut like what i read on here
so far about ash

Birdman1 said:
the wood feels like its real dry even though its fresh cut like what i read on here
It's most likely white ash then. I just cut down a fresh one today and it was the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.