White ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maple man

Burning Hunk
In a pinch can you burn ash green thanks

Well it will be about 35% so it wont be all that good, burn it hot and keep a close eye on the chimney.

Thanks I don't need it now but I was woundering ant their a saying about ash keeping a king warm

Dunno about keeping a King warm but maybe warm his slippers.

Depending on the size of the splits, it can dry quite nicely and quickly stacked near the stove.
You may be talking weeks. Burning it at 35% is a serious waste. IMHO

Will recently living white ash stay aflame? Yes.

Would I prefer any seasoned wood over it? Yes. I'd burned seasoned poplar or pine over unseasoned white ash.

Last year I split half a cord of dead Ash small, stacked it in the house and blew fans on it. It went from 25% to 20% in about two weeks...

We burned freshly cut and split white ash one winter. Although we did not freeze, we weren't really comfortable most of the time. We also cleaned our chimney about 6 times that winter. Hope to never have to do that again.

For some odd reason, there are many who claim you can cut ash and burn it right away because it is so dry. Most of this talk does seem to come from folks who either don't burn wood or burn very little of it.

by not letting that stuff season yer wasting a pile of BTU's not to mention you will be having to clean your chimney frequently B/C of the creasote. Best to leave it season for at least a year, C/S/S, to get any real burn out of it. Just my opinion.

A worker of mine is burning green ash now I traded 2 courds of green ash fore 2 cords of Seasond maple and he is mixing it and getting along better thanks fore all the posts

Status
Not open for further replies.