White fog on glass wont clean off VC Encore - 1 week old

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, while you are at it, I would also ask why those front doors are mis-aligned like that. That can't be good.

Last night I noticed that there was a slight draft coming in at the bottom of the doors. I could see on the log directly in front of the doors at that area hot red coals being drafted and everything else around it wasn't. So it does leak somewhat. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

That could be your problem, the doors not sealing, my first VC came boxed up and when I got it home and open the box it was in pieces, I guess somebady dropped the stove before I got it. But other than the 120 mile round trip to bring the stove back and wait another month for them to order me another stove, I was fortunate they took the stove back. I really wonder about their QC.

Status
Not open for further replies.