White mold - is it a problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chutes

Sep 8, 2008
CT
I'm in the process of stacking a new delivery of wood. All in all it is pretty clean, seasoned wood, but there are pieces here and there with something like white mold on them. The pieces are nice and dry, they just have like white foamy stuff here and there. If this was for my outdoor pit, I wouldn't care, but is there anything I should know about burning this inside? Any reason for me to keep it apart from the other wood?

Thanks-

As long as you keep tossing those pieces in the stove you're all set. My cherry gets that on the split ends' south sides all the time.

If you take them to bed with you, you may want to keep them away from your toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.