White Moose photos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• white_moose_and_friend 250.jpg
    white_moose_and_friend 250.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 568
  • White_moose 250.jpg
    White_moose 250.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 606
Firewoodguy.com said:

A friend of ours from NH emailed us half a doz. pics of this moose... Quite a site for sure.. Funny how the other moose accepted it.. Must be color blind?

Ray

That is awesome!

We see albino whitetail deer occasionally here in VA, and mixed brown/white deer we call pie patches or piebald deer (don't know why). Supposedly a "pure" albino has a pink nose and blue eyes - can't tell for sure but it looks like the nose on the moose fits that category. As I understand it, I think most species have an albino strain - I have seen squirrels, wild turkeys and domestic cattle, buffalo and goats that were albino too. They are usually right in the middle of their "normal" colored brethren. I think it is just us humans that tend to discriminate based on color... :sick:

Really enjoyed seeing moose on my 2 extended trips to Maine. They are cool creatures, but do not seem to possess a lot of smarts about them. I am a hunter, but would absolutely not hunt moose based on what I saw of them, but not passing judgement on anyone else, just saying I would not hunt them as they seemed a bit "slow" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.