White Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
babalu87 said:
Whats the name and model number of that splitter?

I'm thinking it must be made by Boeing.

The splitter name is "super split" The Company that makes them is/was called GFX corp. Mine is the smaller (4hp) J model. I think they are made in Taunton, MA.

http://www2.primushost.com/~logsplit/

I think that's the link, or someone else's link to get there. If that doesn't work, you should be able to find it by doing a search for super split wood splitter.

I bought mine used, around 5 years ago - I think I paid $1,200... worth every penny, IMO. When anyone sees it, they think (like I did)..."that can't possibly work"... But it does!!

Those splitters from super split work great. Very Very fast so you better have you'r hands out of the way. No room for error ther. Malogger has aTW5 Timber Wolf with a log lift and a 6 way wedge. Cycle time is about 8 seconds down and back.

Harley said:
The splitter name is "super split" The Company that makes them is/was called GFX corp. Mine is the smaller (4hp) J model. I think they are made in Taunton, MA.

I think that's the link, or someone else's link to get there. If that doesn't work, you should be able to find it by doing a search for super split wood splitter.

I bought mine used, around 5 years ago - I think I paid $1,200... worth every penny, IMO. When anyone sees it, they think (like I did)..."that can't possibly work"... But it does!!

WOW
They are about $2000 now
I'll stick with the maul for a few more years, gotta be EXTRA careful with that cycle time.

Very close to me, I may have to have a looksey

Harley said:

nice splitter. with how fast the action is does the splits go flying when a round pops apart?
love that production table. with a slipped disc in my back all i can think of is less time bending to pickup splits.

No... They don't go flying, in fact they just kind of pop open and lay on the table. And you are right, that table does make a big difference. It's up high enough where you are not constantly bending over... much less strain on your back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.