White on Green

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
This storm sure did make a mess! Trees and wires down everywhere. Snow and green leaves just don't look right to me.
DSC06811.jpg

DSC06813.jpg

Artistic night shots
DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1853.jpg

This just missed the old flatbed.
photo1.jpg

This did not miss the power lines to my house. It pulled about 500' of wire off the poles.
DSC06814.jpg

Just doesn't look right to me.
DSCN1862.jpg

DSC06819.jpg

My favorite dirt road that I have been harvesting wood from for years now.
DSC06815.jpg

Stuck train
DSCN1830.jpg

Crew clearing tracks.
DSCN1843.jpg

Tomatoes!
DSCN1861.jpg

Don't expect power until Wednesday. What a mess!

Doh are those ripe tomatoes still on the vine?
Def strange to see snow with the leaves still on the trees.

Those are really amazing. Green leaves and ripe tomatoes with snow on the ground.

Hope you have a gen-set?

How many feet did you guys get?

We are starting to get snow too. I got called into work Saturday morning, went out to warm up the car and there was 1.5" or snow of snow... guess it's time to pull off my summer tires! Snowed another ~1" this morning.

No genny. I have one 20 amp line from the neighbor's genny. We only got about 6". So much of it melted as soon as it hit the ground. It did not melt in the trees though.

Flatbedford said:
No genny. I have one 20 amp line from the neighbor's genny. We only got about 6". So much of it melted as soon as it hit the ground. It did not melt in the trees though.

Good enough!

Sure can make a mess at this time of the year but the good part is that it usually melts quite fast.

Ended up with 6-7 inches here . . . lost power . . . but only for a few hours . . . was still able to see the Steelers beat the Patriots . . . decent game though.

I hope you get back to normal real fast Flatbed. Stay safe. Thanks for sharing the cool pics.

Got power back at about 9 last night. 103 hours without. Most of the snow has melted so now I can cut the grass and rake leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.