whitfeild quest plus problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty123

Mar 22, 2008
Ny
Hello, If someone can take some time I would be greatfull.
I have a few problems,
1. I smell a little exhaust in the house when stove is on. Everything is tight. I did remove the quick disconnect and the exhaust motor at the housing.
2. Twice the pellets piled up high in the pot, very scary.
3. Seems like exhaust is weak, when on I can hardly feel any flow, tag says 3000 rpm, this fan does not seem to be running at that speed.
4. House has black soot above exhaust,
[email protected]

Not sure of the year but tag says WH-4 manual say quest plus

I am not an expert on that model, but Rod (moderator) and some other here will probably chip in....BUT,

Did you read the sticky posts at the top of this forum - for instance:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13419/

As per that post, do you have a decent "rise" on your pipe? If it simply vents through the wall, you are asking for trouble.

I have the pipe going straight outside and thats it. Something tells me that may not be the best method!

Status
Not open for further replies.