Whitfield 1998 Advantage Plus Insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunk115

Jan 26, 2014
maryland
I have moved and taken my insert with me. My new home doesnt have a fireplace. Is it possible to use my insert as a free standing in my basement? Thanks for any advise in advance

Chunky

With Whitfields, it was a totally different model - not just a package with a stove or insert kit like some stoves.

So I would say no.....although anything is possible, this is going to look quite funky and not be tested and listed for that use.

However, if the question is "is it mechanically possible to do so?"....well, of course it would be. They work exactly the same......except the insert is designed to sit inside a masonry enclosure, so not tested for rear and bottom clearances, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.