Whitfield advantage 2 pellet stove room blower turning off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stashmann

Feb 23, 2008
upstate NY
First off thanks to those that will help !
Bought the stove used. Worked great for 2 weeks. The room blower then started to shut off while the feed auger and the combustion blower keep working. The room blower will then tun on after a while and then go off again. The stove is not hooked to a seperate thermostat and I think that the room blower should not shut off. The stove then shut itself down a few times (I think on overtemp) because of the room blower not working possibly. The wiring diagram I have looks to be that if the high limit switch trips it will also kill the auger, this does not happen. The combustion blower turns off after cool down so I dont think it is the vacuam switch as that would make all blowers run after shutdown. I did some research online and could not find a problem like mine. I know how to use a multimeter and any help woud be great.
Thanks
Stashmann

I would call and ask for mike.1-800-784-8377 he has all the whitfied info and parts you would ever need available and im sure he could help...

Yes best to test the voltage and AMP draw of the motor when it is cold and after the motor has ran and heated up.

Full on Voltage guide on the wire diagrams
this is on my whitfield parts page linked near the control boards
http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/replacement_parts_for__advantage.htm

But it could be that the motor is going bad and heating up and the thermo protection build into the motor is shutting it off

Status
Not open for further replies.