Whitfield Advantage 2 problems???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liar1_97

Jan 13, 2009
Maritimes
My son has just inherited an old Whitfield Advantage 2 ...I believe.....everything seems to work okay except everytime I plug it in and hit the start button it seems to run fine for about 5-10 seconds then it seems the exhaust blower and the intake stop working....I unplug the unit and plug it back in and hit the start button and it does the same thing, runs for about 5 - 10 seconds then it dies out again???....I haven't taken it apart yet but was just wondering if any other owners have experienced the same problem with theirs and what they had to do to fix it?....

I think most of the Advantage models actually use a pressure switch on the exhaust end, not vacuum switch. Still, very strange.Even if the pressure switch trips, it should just stop the auger, not the combustion blower. You may want to plug the blower in direct an see how it performs, it could be something like a bad bearing locking up, or a control board issue, but I couldn't really say. If it turns out to be a control board issue, I'm pretty sure you can use the CB from the Lennox Montage, instead of trying to find the replacement board for the Adv, and possibly save a few $$, maybe someone else can confirm this thought?

Thanks for the quick responses.....I am working long hours this week but I will tackle it this weekend and start on the combustion blower first by taking that off and checking and oiling the bearings to see how that is performing. I will update on how that goes when I am finished.....

Does this stove have knob style controls or push button with led lights?

Any updates on your status?, these stoves are pratically undestructable.

Status
Not open for further replies.