Whitfield advantage 2 Question...HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Misplaced Texan

Dec 26, 2015
Idaho
About a month ago, the auger quit working so I had it replaced. Now, the LED lights on the control panel blink continuously and there doesn't seem to be enough hot air blowing out from the front of the stove regardless of what setting it is on. Can someone give me some guidance?

If you have no thermostat on the stove unplug it and pull the board out by removing the screw at the top that holds it in then pull the top forward and lift it out. Then make sure the jumpers on the bottom are both in place. If both are in place then try to gently wiggle them and they should not move at all if one or both of the posts wiggle then they have come loose from the board and you will need to get them re-soldered on.

Here's the manual in case you don't have it: http://www.pelletking.com/pellet-stove-manuals/whitfield-advantage-iit-pellet-stove-manual.pdf

Who replaced the auger?

Page 37, #10 - Do you have a thermostat on it? Does it have batteries? Check those first. Next check connections of the thermostat to the stove. If no thermostat, make sure the jumper is in place. Wiring schematic on page 34. Always unplug before working on the stove...
No thermostat and jumper is in place. I have the manual and refer to it often. However, I'm not very mechanically blessed. There's minimal air blowing out and doesn't change regardless of what setting it is on. I'm freezing!

Was the auger the right rpm replacement? What other changes have you noticed in operation?

Is it possible that there is a faulty high limit switch (there are two)? Blower will run continuously in an effort to "cool down" an overheat situation regardless of heat production. Auger will stop feeding usually... May have been original problem?

Just FYI, I recently experienced the "all lights blinking" condition and I was happy to find the solution on this forum. The combustion fan was on super low, as indicated. And as suggested I found that the thermostat jumper had come loose from the bottom of the control unit. I fixed that and everything is working properly. Thanks friends!