Whitfield Advantage 2 T Firebrick fitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet-King

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2008
Northern Ct
Cleaned my stove today after sitting all summer, i got new Lennox Firebrick this past spring, i tried the Firetek and it cracked around the chute area, still even with "factory" Firebrick the back firebrick doesnt really fit well around the chute area, if you see a opening around the chute when burning you will see ash being sucked in, which is bypassing the ash traps on the sides, also I used a straight edge to check the chute back area and above the chute isn't flat anymore and is slightly higher in the center, that may not have anything to do with it, but who knows after 15 year's of burning my firebox my be warping, any advice from my Whitfield expert's will be appreciated....and I thought I was a Expert...
I remember reading here last year Snowy River said she put some furnace cement around on the back chute area

I found that on all my firebrick replacements, I had to use a coarse round file to make the slot deeper. On my first replacement years ago, I had the same issue where I did not like the fit. A comparison shoed the replacement was not 'notched' deep enough. A coarse rounded file made short work to deepen it. Not perfect, but it does not break the brick when fitting it in.

you guys mean on the backside of the center firebrick there is a square cutout, you then cut it deeper?, or you mean make the square bigger?
I still have my original brick and will compare it to the new OEM brick I just installed, I think with the Firetek brick I remember comparing it and that square cutout wasnt in the exact height as the original, cant they make anything right anymore?, Precision CNC machined it says....my ass!!

Last edited:
On mine I had to make the backside bigger to fit over the chute. Kept the frontside fairly close though. But yours could have a different fit issue.

Problem is both the firetek and OEM Lennox which i bought last spring....appear's to be the same, if you fit it up close to the chute there is a 1/2 gap on the bottom, which is no good as all ash will get sucked into the exhaust blower.
When i lower it the bottom of back panel, the chute hole has a 1/4" gap and you can see the flames get sucked in...another no no, seems whoever made the blueprint of the mold made it wrong.......as it's too short....my old factory brick never had these issue's, anyone know if there is any of the old Cerra brick to be found?

Which burn pot do you have? If it is the one with the drilled holes and the replacement fire brick set is for the newer style (with the bars or lines cut in the metal) then it will be that 1/2", or tad less, short. Maybe try to use a table saw to rip down a 1/2" strip of your old bricks to fill the gap?

My fire bricks on my Advantage II-T are in need of replacing, but I have been hesitant to get new ones. I have the older style burn pot with the holes. The later pot had a plate that was took up space obviously. I wonder if there are two different part numbers for the bricks

found some firebrick that's a inch longer for the first whitfield stoves on ebay but that's not what mine has, I have the newer late '90's style with smaller burnpot , It's like they all use the same template which is wrong, wish i could find some original cera brick from then

What model # is your stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.