Whitfield Advantage Auger to fast on low settings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BURN2BURN

Sep 21, 2008
Manotick, Ontario, Canada
This old pellet stove works great and heats my place very well, especially when it's on the auger speed setting of 3/5, 4/5. 5/5. However, when I don't need that much heat and just want to take the chill out of the air I'll put it on 1/5 or 2/5 and it just doesn't burn as fast as the pellets get fed into the pit, it actually gets to a point (after running a few hours) that the auger chute gets backed up and I have to clean up the pit and make room for more pellets.
There are 2 smaller settings called 'combustion air' and 'pellet speed' that are both set at '0' - the manual suggests that adjusting these controls only as a last resort, so I'm hesitant to make any change.

Has anyone had this problem and resolved it using the smaller control settings or other??

Use the manual control to speed the combustion fan up just ever so slightly... If you were not having such a good burn on 3,4, or 5 I'd advise opening the damper just a little bit more... Either may work in your case... If the above doesn't work use the manual control to slow the auger down too...

Status
Not open for further replies.