WHITFIELD ADVANTAGE excess ash production

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RWA6541

Jan 13, 2010
BRONX, NY
I bought a new home with an existing Whit field free standing advantage as a rookie pellet stove operator I wonder If I'm doing something wrong. I can only go about 48hrs before the stove is so full of ash its quite frankly ridiculous. I bought a ton of Premier Pellets (appalachian hardwood fuel) from Lowes are these pellets garbage, waiting for a Harman Accentue to be installed in my basement, the local stove shop reccomends Eneregex Canadian Pellets. Lookin for any advice ?? Thanx PS I have twice in the last 3 months completely dismantled this stove and cleaned everything spotless flu pipe too.

Hey Diesel, how are things down in the Bronx? (I'm originally from Peekskill).

As for the stove, it sounds like it's clean, but are you sure you got into the ash traps behind the firebox? One great way to "finish off" a complete cleaning is to use a Leaf Blower that has the vacuum port. If you do a search of the forum, you'll see plenty of threads about this. It gets all the remaining loose ash out where you can't see or reach by hand.

As for the premier pellets, I've burned them, and they are a good pellet.....nothing wrong there. I burned the softwood version, but other members here may chime in on the ash level.

AFAIK, Energex makes the Premier line, so the Canadian version will be softwood like my Premiers were.

I agree with Macman, Do a search on the Whitfield Advantage, download the manual and do a good cleaning.

MAC MAN Ill check site for clean ideas, the Lib yuppies are movin into to the South Bronx the World really is on it ass! Other thn that its the same old cess pool it ever was!

Mr. whitfield, I have a Serial number of W-62047 can u tell me the date of maN FOR THIS STOVE?

Thanks for the info.

Thats what it looks like but the Manual I printed off the Lenox Website mentions auto start, I definetly don't have that and there is no sign of it ever being there. But that is definetly a Pic of it. The sticker under the lid is unreadable, all I can make out is the number I posted. I've been all over this thing and can't believe there is no metal tag riveted some where. I thought about OC but the taxes looked like they were gonna choke me. I'm working 5 more years and then I'm gonna move into the deep woods off the grid and remove my self from society!

Status
Not open for further replies.