Whitfield advantage II blowing fuses

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D shaffer

Nov 11, 2010
NW PA
My whitfield advantage II about 15 years old quit after about 2 hours of operation with a blown fuse. The auger moter shorted out. I replaced it. After about 2 days the fuse blew again. I noticed the flame intensity increased without my changing the setting ( it was on 2 and the flame and heat was like setting 4 or 5). The fuse blew.
What do I try now? I was going to have the circut board checked. Any suggestions? Thanks

disconnect all motors, then reconnect them with the power on. when a fuse blows, then you know which part (or wires) are the culprit. last thing you should consider is circuit board 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.