Whitfield Advantage II Classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven20

Dec 18, 2008
Baltimore
I was wondering if I can install an Auto Igniter into this Stove.....I think it's 1994....It doesn't have one

They used to sell a fast fire ignitor upgrade kit. Might be hard to get since the stoves are no longer manufactured. Sure it's a "classic" and not a II-T? I didn't think that they started mfg those until later and I though they all had the ignitor installed from the factory

As A matter of fact it is a ll T...

The ignitor kit can be installed on the unit if it has the ignitor tube pre-installed on your stove. If you have the ultragrate and remove it and by looking under/behind burnpot you can see a tube protruding out toward the burnpot, your unit should be able to get that upgrade.

Thanks Guys....

They are some $100+ and burn out in a few years... that's a lot of firestarters at $4 a box ...
Plus it's runnign a lot of power through your control panel.

Go to Mike's stoves part's he's selling the kit for 225., this comes with the timer block, the igniter, wiring harness, and the igniter tube.
www.mikesstoves.com I think this is the site..

Status
Not open for further replies.