Whitfield Advantage II Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enumclaw

Oct 9, 2008
Western Washington
Hi all, I hope this is the right spot for this question.

I have the aforementioned stove. When I push the start button, the fans come on and all the lights as normal, but the fans go off after 1 or 2 seconds. This happens repeatedly. Once in a while the fans will stay on and the stove will operate normally, until such time the pellets run out or I turn it off for cleaning. Then I never know if it's going to start again or not. I dealt with this the last 2 or 3 months of the season last year, and am looking at the problem again now, after procrastinating on this while doing other "projects" over the warm months.

I have checked the snap switches, etc., trying different combinations of bypassing or ensuring the path was open, with no change in operation. Am I looking at a control board issue?

As always, thanks in advance to all.

Rob

How old is the stove, Is the board a new LED board ?

I've had a problem like that, but my stove would not start, But once the stove was up and running it worked great, I had to get a new board. I think the problem was the small relay on the control board.

Status
Not open for further replies.